About Debra Sweet
Debra Sweet is the Director of World Can’t Wait, initiated in 2005 to “drive out the Bush regime” by repudiating its program, forcing it from office through a mass, independent movement and reversing the direction it had launched. Based in New York City, she leads World Can’t Wait in its continuing efforts to stop the crimes of our government, including the unjust occupations of Iraq and Afghanistan and the torture and detention codes, as well as reversing the fascist direction of U.S. society, from the surveillance state to the criminalization of abortion and immigrants. She has worked with abortion providers for twenty-five years, organizing community support and helping them withstand anti-abortion violence. Since the age of 19, when she confronted Richard Nixon during a face-to-face meeting and told him to stop the war in Vietnam, she has been a leader in the opposition to U.S. wars and invasions. In 2012, Debra was named Humanist Heroine of the Year by the Feminist Caucus of the American Humanist Association. Debra says, “Stop thinking like an American, and start thinking about humanity!”
Read Debra’s past writings on worldcantwait.net here.
She can be reached at debrasweet (at) worldcantwait.org.
For more info about World Can’t Wait, see worldcantwait.net
World Can’t Wait
305 West Broadway, #185
New York, NY 10013
- 'Our sister Lynne Stewart is dying'
- ‘Our sister Lynne Stewart is dying’ - Israel News Cloud
- Snowden is a hero in NY hall, but AP exec won't touch him with a bargepole
- Snowden is a hero in NY hall, but AP exec won’t touch him with a bargepole - Israel News Cloud
- PLEASE ….. Release Lynne Stewart! … and the clock ticks on! | It Is What It Is